DSO Meeting - Michaelmas Term 2021 presentations
The presentations from the departmental safety officers meeting held on the 15th December 2021 are available
The last meeting of departmental safety officers (DSOs) was held on the 15th December 2021. The following topics were discussed:
- Occupational Health/Safety Office – Introduction to new staff
- An update on the University's Health and Safety Review
- An introduction to the development of a Safety (Health, Environment) Network to support the H&S Review's implementation
- Information on Pyrotec's emergency lighting inspections
- Information on forthcoming building radon measurements being coordinated by the Safety Office
- Information on future Occupational Health / Safety Office training courses
In addition there was an open forum, where the following four questions were discussed:
- How would you [as DSOs] like to be updated in the future?
- Do you have an example of good health and safety management currently happening in your department?
- Are there any specific questions or concerns that you would like the DSO Forum/Group to help you with?
- What ONE area of health and safety management do you feel should be a priority in the New Year?
The presentations from this meeting are now available:
> Presentation Slide Deck from DSO Meeting MT 2021
> Additional slides covering radon measurements
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.