Competent advice

Every department must appoint their own departmental safety officer. Departmental safety officers should always be the first point of contact.

Departments may also appoint specialist health and safety officers covering topics such as fire, biological safety, ionising radiation, lasers and manual handling. Departmental safety officers can advise on whether these officers are present in your department.

Most departments also have access to area or divisional safety officers. Area or divisional safety officers should be consulted when departmental safety officers are unable to advise or assist.

The University Safety Office should be contacted when support or advice cannot be obtained from the local officers. 

Full contact details are provided on our about us page.