6. Information for employees and others
What do all employees need to know
- Assessment of First Aid Needs
- First Aid Materials and Equipment
- First Aid Personnel
- First Aid Training
- Specialist First Aid Training
- Information for Employees and Others
- Action required
All employees need to know the location of first aid equipment (including AEDs) and personnel. Induction training for new staff and students should include this information, which should also be available on notices posted in prominent locations throughout the department.
Where work takes place out of the hours when first aiders would normally be present, information on obtaining help from University Security Services must also be made readily available.